People just think the gift can make a birthday special. However, you need to throw a surprise party and if it’s a milestone birthday then you must prepare toasts too. Toasts for 40th birthday should have following things:
1. Welcome speech for everyone and make sure that you are not missing out on anyone.
2. There can be lines such as that you are very happy to be here and if you are a very close friend or a family member then you must say that you are very happy to be here.
3. You should also thank to everyone responsible for organizing the party and you should also praise the food, decoration and arrangement.
4. You can also state the importance of 40th birthday and explain how lucky a person is to reach this milestone.
5. You should also talk about the celebrant and explain how humble and great he/she has been over 40 years of life. You can also talk about your relation with the celebrant and explain his/her importance in life.
6. You can also ask the celebrant to sing a song for everyone or crack a joke or tell any great moments about his life.
7. You should never be too much specific and only talk about the situations/people in vague and diplomatic manner. You should never point a finger to anyone.
If you keep these 7 points in mind, you can have Great toasts for 40th birthday. You should also remember that you have to be confident and impressive while speaking.