The Mattel and Disney Store marriage Cinderella dolls for the live action Cinderella film are shown together for comparison. They are both fully deboxed, and posed standing, supported by Kaiser doll stands. The Disney Store doll is part of a two doll set including both the Prince and Cinderella in their marriage outfits from the movie. Below are short reviews of both dolls, followed by purchase details and manufacturer’s product information.
I received the marriage Day Cinderella Doll by Mattel from Amazon on February 4, 2015. She cost the MSRP of $24.99, which is about $10 less than the equivalent Disney Store doll. This doll has a much simplified outfit compared to the DS doll, but she does look very pretty. Her hairdo looks strange because it is lopsided. I tried to straighten it out, but was not very successful. Her head is much smaller than the one on the DS doll, and has a more realistic proportion to her body. She has stiff arms and legs. Her marriage ring is a tacky looking large yellow ornament with five balls arranged in a circle. It is a separate plastic piece that has a post that is driven through her hand. There is similar decoration on her shoes. The colors of the gown are muted compare to the DS gown, and the fabric is more flowy. The floral decoration in the bodice is just a plastic applique, rather than be printed on the cloth. The skirt is much less full, and is shorter, especially in the back. It is single layer satin, and there are no over or under skirts. The Mattel box has a much more impressive design than the Disney Store’s doll (which actually comes with the Prince in a marriage doll set), and is more easily reusable.
I purchased the Cinderella and The Prince Doll Set from my local Disney Store on release day, Monday January 26, 2015. It costs $69.95, which is twice what a single doll costs in the Disney Film Collection. They are in their marriage outfits. The Prince is in pale blue and yellow. Cinderella is in pale yellow, with a floral pattern in her gown. Her veil is oversized, and the back of her skirt has a train. She has a full length single layer petticoat, and pale yellow high heeled shoes. Cinderella’s hair is heavily stiffened with hair product to keep its style. She has old style rubber legs with internal knee joints and fixed angled feet. They both have painted on golden marriage bands on the ring fingers of their left hands. The Prince has the usual Disney Store prince body. They are both Great looking dolls, but they have slightly annoyed or angry expressions, so they don’t look like a loving couple.
Disney Cinderella marriage Day Cinderella Doll
Sold by Amazon.com
Purchased online 2015-02-01
• A beloved fairy tale comes to life in Disney’s completely new Cinderella live action movie and this exquisite fashion doll celebrates the glorious occasion when she marries a dashing prince!
• Ella wears a white satin gown with romantic floral design on the bodice and skirt, sheer long sleeves, pleated waist, and a flowing drape
• Luxurious accessories include a golden tiara with multicolor gems, coordinating teardrop earrings and a large, regal marriage ring
• The breath-taking bride will delight girls, moms, collectors and fans of the movie
• A great gift for all Cinderella fans!
Cinderella and The Prince Disney Film Collection Doll Set – Live Action Film – 11”
US Disney Store
Purchased in store 2015-01-26
Item No. 6070040901173P
Bells are ringing for Cinderella and her Prince as they appear in Disney’s completely new live action film. Matched in finely detailed bridal gown and groom’s uniform, these breathtaking dolls are part of the Disney Film Collection.
Magic in the details…
Please note: Purchase of this item is limited to 2 per Guest.
• Fully articulated
• Deluxe costumes
• Sparkling satin bridal gown with floral filigree print
• Shimmering organza sleeves, decolletage, and veil
• Rooted, styled hair with tiara and earrings for Cinderella
• Golden embroidered groom’s tunic with satin sash
• Golden finish epulets
• Molded shoes and boots
• Finely sculptured with intricate paint detail
• Scenic packaging
• Part of the Disney Film Collection
• Inspired by Disney’s live action movie Cinderella
The bare necessities
• Ages 3+
• Plastic / polyester
• Dolls 11” H
WARNING: CHOKING HAZARD – tiny Parts. Not for children under 3 years.
More from Wedding Gift
Beautiful marriage Dresses Inspiration 2017/2018 : An exquisitely delicate Victoria KyriaKides marriage dress | Brides.com…
marriage Dresses Inspiration Picture Description An exquisitely delicate Victoria KyriaKides marriage dress | Brides.com …