There are a lot of excuses not to have a marriage anniversary party. Maybe you do not like big fancy functions, do not want to spend the money or invest the time. Perhaps you feel you should wait until you reach a particular milestone before planning any festivals. Forget all that. Here are 7 not bad reasons to celebrate your marriage this year.
1. You want to renew your vows. Many couples, at some point in their marriage, choose to stand up and publicly reaffirm their commitment to each other. Maybe you've gone through tough economic times, sickness or other problems and your relationship is stronger than ever. Or depending on you just want to shout to the world that if you had the chance to do it all over again, you would. If this romantic idea appeals to you, it does not matter whether you've been married eight years or thirty-eight. It's time to put together a celebration as your reassert your lasting promise to love and to cherish.
2. You did not have a big marriage reception. Whether you eloped, were limited to a tiny gathering because of funds or just did not want a large catered affair, you might have some regrets. If you ever wished you could go back and have a traditional reception, there's not bad news. An elegant anniversary party can bring you a lot of the same elements you missed the 1st time around. Choose the location, flowers, food, music and favors you would have wanted as a newlywed and adapt them to this even happier occasion.
3. You feel like reminiscing. There's nothing like planning this kind of event, to make you reflect on the years you've been together. Picking out pictures for collages to display at the party or for photo anniversary invitations, will remind you of times past. Choosing the guest list will cause you to reflect on all the people that mean something to your relationship. And conversations at the party itself will bring back a flood of happy memories.
4. You'd like to serve as a role style for younger people. There seems to be such a cynical attitude towards marriage these days. But you know that it can work. You're the proof. Throw an anniversary party to drive home that point. Let your experience of marriage inspire others to believe in love.
5. You want to celebrate a solid marriage. You've got something not bad going. It would give you no greater pleasure than honor that commitment and recognize that achievement in a celebration with family and friends. You know your relationship is something special and you deserve to commemorate it.
6. You'd like to share your passion – about a cause. You do not want a stack of gifts. You already got the toasters and blenders at your marriage. So, you'll probably put a line on your anniversary invitations that says, "no gifts, please". But some modern couples take it a step further and add, "but if you have to bring something, then contributions of pet food will be accepted for the animal shelter." Other ideas would be to collect canned goods for the food bank or books for the library. If your marriage is about giving and sharing, you can encourage your guests to participate in a charity you believe in.
7. It's fun. No matter what your reasons for celebrating your marriage anniversary in a big way, there is no denying you'll have a great time. You'll be gathering the people that mean the most to your marriage and sharing this happy occasion with them. There will be not bad food and music, You'll be blessed with wonderful completely new memories.
So put away those excuses, and considering planning an anniversary party today. There is no time like the present to celebrate a not bad and enduring marriage.
More from Wedding Invitation
Perfect for a romantic evening out, this full length gown starts with clear sequined straps at the halter neckline. Shiny …